Archived Monthly Lecture Series and Events
Lectures Available Online on UCTV
We have most of the recent lectures recorded and links are provided below, other recorded presentations can be found in the past years' archive. Some older lectures before 2017 have also been recorded and are posted online on UCTV: http://seminars.uctv.tv/Host.aspx?hostID=27.
Monthly Lectures and Events from 2021
April 22, 2021: Conspiracy Theories and American Democracy with Dr. Kathryn Olmsted.
March 25, 2021: Calculating the Cost of Climate Change with Dr. Frances C. Moore.
March 18, 2021: Climate Change Conspiracies where There's Smoke There are Conspiracy Theorists with Dr. Hannah Tierney, Mark Colyvan, and Tim Smartt.
February 18, 2021: Shrimply Blue: Restoring Lake Tahoe’s Clarity One Dog at a Time with Yuan Cheng and Roger de Lusignan. For more information, visit https://shrimplyblue.org/, find a project overview here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
February 11, 2021: Supporting Youth in Challenging Times with Peter Mayfield and Dana Adams.
January 7, 2021: UC Davis Cannabis and Hemp Research Center with Dr. Li Tian and Dr. Cameron Carter.
Monthly Lectures and Events from 2020
December 10, 2020: Local Renewable Energy Transition Planning & Climate Resilience with Dr. Gerlad Braun
- November 12, 2020: Studying the Fate of Microplastics at Lake Tahoe with Katie Senft and Dr. Jenessa Gjeltema
October 29, 2020: Impacts of Wildfire Smoke on Human Health with Dr. Kent Pinkerton
July 30, 2020: Tahoe State of the Lake Report with Dr. Geoff Schladow
- July 23, 2020: Sustainable Lake Clarity, by way of Mysis and Dogs with Dr. Geoff Schladow, Harold Schmitz, and Yuan Cheng
- June 4, 2020: The Story of Plastic and Local Plastic Issues Forum
- June 16, 2020: Garden Social Hour with Alison Toy, David Long, Heather Cullen, Katie Merino, and Heather Cullen
- June 2, 2020: Tomatoes, for gardening masochists with David Long
- May 26, 2020: Okey Dokey, we'll try Artichokes with David Long
- May 19, 2020: Lettuce not forget Kale with Alison Toy
- May 12, 2020: Potatoes are Appealing with Melissa Guthrie
- May 5, 2020: Organic Gardening 101 with Heather Cullen
Monthly Lectures and Events from 2019
- December 5-8, 2019: Tahoe Film Fest
- October 22, 2019: Mission Architectures for Exploration of the Moon, Deep Space, and Mars with Dr. Darlene Lim
- Oct 21, 2019: Screenagers Screening
- October 3, 2019: Photography and Atmospheric Science: A Symbiotic and Historical Relationship
- September 25, 2019: TahoeLand Live! at Edgewood Tahoe Resort with Dr. Geoffrey Schladow
- August 16, 2019: The Human Element Screening
- August 3, 2019: Family Science Day
- August 1, 2019: The 2019 State of the Lake Report with Dr. Geoff Schladow
- July 25, 2019: Classical Tahoe Presents: An Evening with Janet Napolitano: How Safe Are We?
- July 19, 2019: Science Speaks Luncheon
- June 20, 2019: The Future of Our Forests: Bridging Ecology and Evolution with Dr. Patricia Maloney
- June 13, 17, 18, and 20, 2019: Annual Docent Training
- June 10, 2019: High Elevation Garden Workshop: Tomatoes with Dave Long
- June 3, 2019: High Elevation Garden Workshop: Kale and Lettuce with Dave Long
- May 30, 2019: Wilder than Wild: Fire, Forests, and the Future Screening
- May 27, 2019: High Elevation Garden Workshop: Raspberries with Dave Long
- May 23, 2019: U.S. Human Spaceflight: Past, Present, and Future with Dr. Stephen Robinson
- May 20, 2019: High Elevation Garden Workshop: Potatoes with Melissa Guthrie
- May 16, 2019: Beautiful Beer with Dr. Charlie Bamforth
- April 25, 2019: Mountain Lakes and Climate Change with Dr. Adrianne Smits
- April 2-5, 2019: South Lake Tahoe Science Expo
- March 18-22, 2019: North Lake Tahoe Science Expo
- March 5, 2019: Trout in the Classroom Teacher's training session recording
- February 14 - March 15, 2019: A Novel Intersection of Science and Art, Exhibitions Delivers Celebration of Place with and Environmental Angle
- February 7, 2019: Building Resilience in Youth with Dr. Mark Servis, Dr. Kathleen Tebb, and Peter Mayfield (Recorded Lecture)
- February 1, 2019: Science of Cocktails